This week, Avrum and Lorna consider what Bowen theory has to offer when thinking about a terrible event like the Manchester bombing.
- It is not a matter of this theology versus that theology
- What does Theory have to say about letting go of your kids so they can live their life but at the same time wanting to protect them?
- Theory is pretty big on facts.
- If I always prioritize safety, there will be no growth.
- The narrative of time is written in thousands of years, not a tweet.
- For the victims and their families, may their memories be as a blessing.
- We demonstrate against war as if we understand the causes of war. We could just as easily demonstrate against schizophrenia. Bowen, M, Family Evaluation, p. 18
Bowen, M. (1978). Family therapy in clinical practice. New York: J. Aronson.
Kerr, M., & Bowen, M. (1988). Family evaluation: An approach based on Bowen theory. New York: Norton.